I carry a pocket knife—a Spyderco Tenacious, to be specific—with me wherever I go. (I also keep a Leatherman Wave in my bag.) Here are some benefits of always having a pocket knife with you:
- To open all of those Amazon boxes that show up on your doorstep nearly every day
- You get to feel just a little bit like your badass Grampa who carried a knife
- You can pry off a beer bottle cap when you’ve forgotten an opener
- Though you’ll probably never need to, you feel a little bit better armed against the big bad world
- To McGuyver your way out of anything
- Even when you don’t need it as a tool, carrying it is a small reminder that you’re prepared for whatever comes your way
“The Benefits Of” is a fun series pointing out some small and large ways that little things can benefit your life. You can read all of the Benefits Of posts here.